There are several different e-mails that are sent from the system, both automatic (e.g. confirmation for online purchases) and manual (receipt or reservation confirmations sent from box office). All these e-mails can be created and edited directly from box office in the e-mail layout module which can be found under Administration - Layouts - Emails.
Edit e-mail template
To edit a e-mail template, press the row for it or use Actions/Edit.
- Name: Template name (only visible internally).
- Description: Internal template description.
- Sender (E-mail): Sender of the e-mail. Defaulted to email@example.com but can be changed to a dedicated one using a sub domain and assistance from Tix Support.
- Sender (Name): Sender name of the e-mail.
- Reply to (E-mail): The e-mail address that the recipient will reply to if they should do so.
- Reply to (Name): The name that the recipient will reply to if they should do so.
- Category: Associated category (shall not be changed).
- Type: Message type (cannot be changed).
- Online: E-mail for online sales. Sent automatically when a customer finish a purchase.
- BoxOfficeConfirmation: E-mail sent manually from box office. to customers that have sold orders.
- BoxOfficeReservation: E-mail sent manually from box office to the customer that holds a reserved order. E.g. a e-mail with a payment link (web reservation).
- BoxOfficeMoveEvent: E-mail sent manually from box office to customers when changing events on sold order.
- BoxOfficeMoveSeats: E-mail sent manually from box office to customers when changing seats on sold order.
- EventAutoSend: E-mail sent automatically to customers when a batch refund is made or e-mail triggers are created.
- ReportDeliveryEvents: E-mail sent automatically to users that wants to receive sales reports for events.
- ReportDeliveryProducts: E-mail sent automatically to users that wants to receive sales reports for products.
To edit the content, press edit at the bottom for each language you like to edit. Read more about the HTML editor further down in this article.
Add new e-mail template
Press Add mail template to add a new one.
You will be asked to choose a existing template to copy from. In the upper right corner one can search for a relevant template (e.g. Online if you like to create a template for online sales). When you know which one you like to copy, press Copy to the right. You then input the Information and press Save. To edit its content, press the row for the template or Action/Edit and then Edit at the bottom (read more -> edit e-mail template).
The template is edited in HTML and it will require some previous knowledge if you would like to create a complete new design. It is however pretty easy to just change text snippets. All content in the HTML code will be put inside the <body> </body> tag.
The text that is black inside the body tag are text fields that you should look for and can edit. När changes are made in the code, it will immediately be visible in the preview window to the right.
The template contains many dynamic variables, e.g. #ORDERID# which will return the order id of the order in subject. A guide can be viewed by pressing the T at the top.
By press and hold the left mouse button in the middle of the guide window, it is possible to move it around.
It is also possible to change whats shown in the preview by changing the content for each variable.
Start and end tag
#EVENT#, #PRODUCT#, #TICKETS# are all start and end tags. This means that everything that is input between #EVENT# and #EVENT# will be repeated for each event in the order.