A event date in the Tix System is the specific date where a event is being held. One or more event dates is always connected to a event group that is considered a group och event dates. In the online buying process all event date connected to a certain event group will be presented in one sales link.
To create multiple dates connected to a group, you start by creating an event date and then copying that into many dates making each date having the same settings but different start and end date and time.
Create event date
To create an event date, navigate to Administration - Events - Dates and press Add event in the upper right corner.
- Name: The name of the event, visible on the ticket, in BoxOffice and online.
- Subtitle: The subtitle of the event, visible on the ticket, in BoxOffice and online. (Optional)
- Organisation: What organisation should be tied to the event date.
- Season: Used as filter in reports and in conjunction with change rules. Can be created and edited under Administration - Seasons.
- Promoter: Visible on the ticket and internally in BoxOffice sales module.
A promoter can quickly be created in this box or via Administration - Events - Promoters where it also are editable.
- Date & Time / End date: The start and end time of the event. The event is visible in BoxOffice until it's end time.
- Free admission event: Used for free admission events where no ticket is required. This information can be sent via Tix Event API and are also visible in BoxOffice Sales.
- Confirmed: If set to No, the event will be flagged as red in BoxOffice Sales showing the BoxOffice personel that this event is not on sale. It is however still possible to sell tickets to a red flagged event but no date and time will be shown on a generated ticket.
- Sale status: Status visible in the online buying process and BoxOffice. Can be set as Yes by default by Tix Support.
- Auto Sales Status: If set to Yes the sale status will automatically change to few tickets and sold out. Tix Support can set what amount of available tickets that represent each value.
- Waiting list: Activate waiting list for the event.
- Duration: The duration of the event, visible in BoxOffice sale and in Tix Event API.
- Internal note: Internal information visible to sales personel in the information box.
- Event groups: Which event group or groups should the date be connected to.
- Categories: Choose one or more categories. Used in Tix Event API, in reports and to create customer segments in Tix customer segmentation tool based on events. You can create new categories directly from this field and edit them in its own module in Administration - Events - Categories. Read more.
- Tags: Add existing tag or create a new one. Tags can be used to create customer segments and are also searchable in the event search bar. They can also be used by third party software through Tix Event API. In the example below the "name of actor" has been added as a tag to the event making it possible to find a event based on a custom search term.
- VAT: Choose VAT rate on the event.
- Gift card groups: Add a gift card group to make it possible to pay tickets to this event with the selected gift card. Read more.
Hall & Prices
- Venue: The venue where the event is hosted.
Venues are created under Administration - Venues - Venues. Read more.
- Hall: The hall inside the venue where the event is held.
Unnumbered halls can be created under Administration - Venues - Halls. Read more.
Numbered halls are created by Tix Support.
- Configuration: Choose what configuration of the hall that should be used on the event. A numbered hall can have multiple configurations with different price zones, entrances, ranking, seat notices, pre defined allocations and more.
- Include service fee: Set to Yes if there should be put an additional service fee per order paid by the ticket buyer.
- Service fee: The amount of that service fee.
- Fee settings: If fees are used, choose either Custom fees (fees set by ticket type and price zone) or Automatic fees (pre defined fee values by Tix Support).
- Prices / Fees: Only used by the venues that are using customer paid service fees. See explanation in the picture below.
- Ticket types: Choose which ticket types that should be available on the event. It is possible to search for available ticket types in the box. The ticket types are then priced for each price zone individually.
New ticket types can be created or edited under Administration - Tickets - Ticket types. Read more.
In the next step you will have to set the price per ticket type and price zone. For those who uses custom fees, it is possible to set a individual fee per ticket type and price zone by changing the Prices / Fees to Fees.
Note! that if the star to left of the ticket type name is filled, the ticket type is a subscription type otherwise its a regular type.
- Sales and reporting access: If external users (e.g. a promoter) should have access to the event, choose Local users + specific users.
- Access Level: If Local users + specific users is active, the specific users are added here via their email address.
- Ticket type access for box office users are set under Administration - Tickets - Ticket types.
- Sale access: Choose whether the ticket type should be available in Local sales + Internet or only in Local sales.
- Quota: Set a total quota for the ticket type (Optional).
- Online quantity rule: Define what combination of tickets that should be possible to purchase.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 8: The customer can buy 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8 tickets. Not 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 etc.
- 0, 8-20: The customer can purchase between 8 and 20 tickets. No less than 8 and not more than 20.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 10-20: The customer can purchase 2, 4, 6 or between 10 and 20 tickets.
This can be used for group tickets online or a 2 for 1 offer.
How do you schedule a ticket type?
A ticket type can be schedule by pressing the clock icon to the right of the ticket type. In here it is possible to define a date and time interval where the ticket type will be available online. The left date picker is start and the right date picker is the end of the interval.
How do you add a voucher code?
Voucher codes are added by pressing the business card symbol to the right of the ticket type. The code can then be used by the customer in the last step of the online buying process to access discounted ticket types.
Below is a step by step explanation where a new voucher code is created. The voucher code in the example is valid when purchasing Standard ticket type and will give access to a hidden ticket type with a discounted price.
1. Make sure that you have a ticket type connected to the event that with the discounted price. In our example it is named Kampanj. The discounted ticket type shall have Sale access Local sales, not online.
2. Input an internal name, alternatively search for a existing code.
3. If you create a new, click Add new.
4. Input Name: Internal name, Code: The code that the customer must input online, Ticket type: The ticket type that Standard should "transform" into when the voucher code is used.
5. Click Save
The voucher code can be used for multiple ticket types, e.g. Student, Children or in other events where the ticket type Kampanj is connected.
Edit voucher code
Navigate to Administration - Events - Vouchers to edit already created voucher codes.
In the module one can edit name, code and which ticket type it should be connected to. It is also possible to see existing connection and remove a voucher code from events.
Ticket type specific layout
It is furthermore possible to add a specifik ticket layout to a ticket type and then override the ticket type that is selected for the event if one purchase the specific ticket type.
- Available online: Define if the event should be available online or not.
- Online sale start & end: Between which date and time should online sales be open.
- Visible online: Set when the event should be visible online and sent to external site through Tix Event API.
Event that is visible online but where sales is scheduled to start at a later date and time.
- Skin: Choose skin/brand for the link below
- Weblink: Link to the online buying process for the specific event date.
- Min & Max tickets online: Min and Max number of tickets that the customer are able to purchase online per order.
- Numbered seating view: Choose if and how "best seat available" should be used.
- Social Distancing can also be set here. Read more
- Pick seats first: Set if the customer should choose seat or ticket type first in the online buying process.
- Display 360: If the venue has a 360 view, it can be activated here.
- Best search option: Only applicable in high pressure ticket sales, when you want to set how best seat available should work.
- Show event start time as: Set whether to present date & time or only date in the online buying process.
- Delivery types: Set which delivery types that should be available for the event.
- Permissions: Set which permissions that should be connected to the event. A permission that is connected to the season which the event date is connected to will automatically get the permission in subject. But it is also possible to add event specific permissions.
- Web trackers: If other than default web trackers should be connected to the specific event, choose them here. Commonly set if a external promoter wants to add their tracker to only their specific events.
- Customer tag: Add a customer tag to the event. Web profile with the specific tag can then get access to tickets for the event before general sale start or special ticket types that is not available for everyone. Read more
- Special note (shown online): A special note text that is shown online below the ticket types.
- Email template for online sales: Choose whether to use default e-mail layout or a dedicated one for the event.
- Extra information: If Yes an extra text box field will be added in the online buying process where the customer input his/her customer information. Could e.g. be to force customer to enter allergies or t-shirt size when selling products.
- Information text: What information do you want the customer to input.
- Required: If Yes, the field will be mandatory.
- Customer info on each ticket: If Yes, the customer needs to input a unique name or email address for each ticket in the order. The information is input by the customer from its order page. This information needs to be set in order to download the tickets. Each ticket will then be moved to new order and customer.
- Information text: A information text that is shown to the customer on its order page.
- Force unique: Define if name, email or any of them must be unique on each ticket in the order.
- Position: As default, event dates are ordered in an event group by date and time. It is possible to change this order by giving the dates different positions.
- Allow gift card: Inactivate if it should not be possible to use gift cards as payment for the event.
It is possible to create a special offer for a dedicated ticket type directly from this tab.
Connect products to the event date.
New products are created via Administration - Products - Products
- Ticket title: If nothing is input here, the name of the event date will be used as title
- Subtitle: If nothing is input here, the subtitle name of the event date will be used as subtitle.
- Info text 1-3: Text that is written here will be printed on the ticket (as long as the variables for this is put on the layout). Often used for extra information e.g. The entrance will open 2 hours prior to show.
- Ticket for PDF, Epson, Godex etc: Choose if default ticket layout should be used or specify another. This is made for each connected printer type.
- PDF Ticket image: Upload a image that can be printed on the PDF ticket layout.
Add translations for online and ticket elements to activated languages. This will also be shown in the API.
Create automatic emails and SMS.
Activate if specific payment types should be available for the event.
If Override scan settings is set to Yes, it is possible to specify a time interval when it should be possible to scan tickets to the event. If no interval is set, default time (X hours before and after the event) will be used. If you want to change the default time, contact Tix Support.
If finance export is activated, one can input ext. ref. number, department and account in this tab.
In this tab it is possible to set rules for refund of orders. Activate it by setting Cancelled to Yes, select if fees and/or products should be included in the refund.
- Refund money: Set to Yes to offer refund of money
- Refund payment type: Select which payment type that the refunds should use
- Mail template: Select a email template that is sent to the customers
- Refund date: All tickets that were bought before this date will have the option of getting a refund. However, tickets bought after this date will not have the option of requesting a refund. E.g. if a show has been move one can offer a refund to all ticket buyers that bought tickets before the move was announced.
- Available gift cards: Select one or more gift cards to enable the option to transfer the ticket amount into a gift card instead of requesting a refund.
- Available donations: Select one or more donations to give the ticket buyers the option to donate the amount of their order.