A event group is the top level to which you connect event dates to. If you have a production of 30 dates you thus create 1 event group and 30 event dates. Always start by creating event group and after that create the date.
This manual covers all settings that can be set in an event group. In most cases it is enough to only use the settings under the Information and Images tabs. Other tabs are for advanced settings.
Create event group
To create a new Event group navigate to Administration - Events - Groups and press Add event group in the upper right corner.
- Name: Name of the event group, usually the same as the name of the event date.
- Organisation: If working with multiple organisations, the right organisation can be selected.
- Subtitle: Subtitle for tix market place. Should follow the example: Venue || Month/Year
Lorensbergsteatern || September - December 2020
- Available online: Choose whether the event date could be found in Tix marketplace and through Tix Event API.
- Display coloured availability: Choose if the quality of the available seats should be displayed as colours in the online buying process. Green for seats available in the best sections (based on the ranking on the hall), yellow for lesser quality seats and red for lower ranked seats.
Show event filter: Activate filter in the online buying process. The customer can then filter event in the list by number of wanted tickets, day of the week and seat quality.
In the example below the customer has used the filters to see which shows has 2 or more tickets available that occurs on a Monday.
- Description: Set a description of the event that will appear on Tix marketplace and in Tix Event API. This text is also visible in boxoffice sales view.
- Skin: Brand used for the online buying process. Its possible to have multiple brands.
- Weblink: Link to the online buying process showing all event dates that is connected to the event group. This link is the standard purchase link and usually the one that is published on own website.
Upload an image for the event group. Image is usually the same for Event and Featured.
- Event: Image used in event page at Tix marketplace.
- Featured: Image used in front page at Tix marketplace.
These images are used in several places throughout the buying process, for example in subscription and package sales, landing page for special offers, in customer order pages for "events that you might be interested in" and more.
The total size of both images shall not exceed 2 mb. Other than that, there are no recommended image sizes more than that they should be in landscape mode.
Note that the featured image are used in most places.
Add translations for online and ticket elements to activated languages. This will also be shown in the API.
- Recurring: Define if the event dates should be hidden in Dashboard or not. Usually used when having many of the same event dates which then overflows the sales dashboard. E.g. guided tours. The event dates can still be found when searching for events.
- Heading text online: Text shown for customers in the online buying process. Hello in the example below.
- Note text online: Text shown for customers in the online buying process. Is it me you looking for? in the example below. Note that you have to insert a Heading in order for the Note text to be shown.
- Text for product sale: Extra text to inform customers in the online buying process when adding products.
- Redirect to Event Group: Choose another event group that customer will be forwarded to. Used when having old links circulating on the internet (Iceland only).
- Allow changes: Define if it should be allowed for the customer to change tickets after purchase to another show.
- Allow change to this group: If Yes It is possible to change tickets to this group from other event groups provided that changes have been allowed on the other event group.
Activate if only specific payment types should be available in boxoffice for the event dates connected to the event group.
Queue-IT is a virtual queue that can be setup for event where traffic is expected to be very high. Customers will be directed to the queue and then the queue is admitting a limited amount of customers into the buying process continuously. If you want to setup a queue, contact your local Tix Support.
- Queue active: Activate queue, yes or no.
- Queue URL: Insert the queue URL.