Special offers can contain one or multiple events. We will in this article go through how to create, edit and optimize the special offers in different cases.
Create a special offer
A special offer is created initially from a ticket type in a individual event. This makes it possible to create a special offer with a discounted price in just a few clicks.
1. Ticket type
The first thing to do is to create a ticket type (e.g. "Special price") if such does not already exists.
New ticket types can be created here: Administration - Tickets - Ticket Types. For more information, read here.
Navigate to Administration - Events - Dates and open the event that should be included in the special offer.
Set a price in Hall & Prices. The ticket types should have the access rights set to only Local sales. Note that a ticket type can be connected to multiple events at the same time via Bulk edit.
4. Generate link
Navigate to the tab Special offer inside the event and press the blue star and Generate offer link. If more than one ticket type should be included in the link, only add the first one and then the rest in the special offer module. The special offer link is now created and can be used to sell tickets.
If you would like to customize the special offer, change validity, description or add more ticket types to it, press the blue star - Edit or navigate Administration - Events - Special offer.
Special offer settings described below.
- Name: Special offer name, visible in the module list, for the customer and in reports.
- Start & end date: Define when the special offer should be active.
- Description: Description shown to the customer before its start time or if landing page are active.
- Link: This link leads to the special offer and are the link that should be distributed.
NOTE! It is important to copy the link from this field or directly from the special offer tab in edit event. NEVER use the URL that is presented in the browser, a correct special offer link ALWAYS ends with a encrypted extension, e.g. https://tix.se/sv/specialoffer/ukfcur35n2oeq
- Event: It is possible to add more events within the same event group in the special offer.
Tip: If all event dates should have the same settings for min/max tickets, quota etc. apply the settings to the first event and then add de additional date. Then all settings will be copied to the next event you'll add.
Below Events, you can review the events that is included in the special offer. For each event it is possible to apply the following settings:
- Min & Max tickets online: Min and Max number of tickets that the ticket buyer can purchase in one order.
- Allocation: Sales can be locked to specific allocated seats. Choose a dedicated allocation or select All seats.
- Numbered seating view: Define how "best available seats" should be set.
- Special note (shown online): Notice text shown online below ticket types.
- Add ticket type: Add additional ticket types, added ticket types will be shown in the drop down below.
- Online quantity rule: Define in absolute numbers or interval the number of tickets that can be purchase of the specific ticket type.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 8: The customer can purchase 2, 4, 6 or 8 tickets. Not 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.
- 0, 8-20: The customer can purchase between 8 and 20 tickets. Not less than 8 and not more than 20.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 10-20: The customer can purchase 2, 4, 6 or between 10 and 20 tickets.
- NOTE! Always add the option of 0 if you don't wont to force the customer to purchase a certain ticket type.
To remove a ticket type, press the X to the right of the ticket typer row. To remove a whole event, press the X on the event row.
It is possible to password protect the special offer in the Advanced tab. Set Use password to Yes. The Green padlock next to Advanced indicates if there is a password connected to the special offer or not.
- Global password: Define ONE password that is used by all ticket buyers that should have access to the special offer. Without the password you will not be able to access the special offer.
- Upload passwords: Upload a file (TXT or CSV) with one unique password per row. Each unique password kan then be used once to access the special offer. The number of uploaded passwords will be shown at the top with the possibility to download them.
- NOTE! If you have uploaded one batch of passwords and then upload another batch, new password will be added to the list of passwords, not replace them.
- Auto generate passwords: It is possible to automatically generate passwords based on ticket number or order number for purchases made in other events.
E.g. If you buy tickets to Event X, you will get access to a special offer for Event Y.
- Events: Search the event/s that passwords should be generated based on.
- Ticket Types: Choose one or multiple ticket types, alternatively, leave it empty for all ticket types.
- Prefix: Choose whether a prefix should be added to the generated password, e.g. "TIX".
- Type: Define if passwords should be generated based on Order ID or Ticket ID.
E.g. A customer purchase Standard tickets to ABBA - Dancing queen and get access to a special offer with the password: "TIX273625" (prefix + Order ID). If Ticket ID would have been chosen and the customer would have bought 4 tickets, he/she would have get 4 passwords based on #PREFIX and #TICKETID.
- Customer tag: If a tag is selected, all customers with a web profile and the selected tag will get access to the special offer from My pages. Below it is also possible to define how many time the customer would be able to use the offer.
E.g. This feature is often used to offer discounted tickets for regular events to subscribers. All subscribers gets a web profile connected to a dedicated customer tag and can then access all their special offers from My pages.
Another use case is to distribute free tickets to employees. Each employee gets their own web profile connected to a customer tag. A special offer is then created for free tickets for each events they should have access to.
Below Use password additional advanced settings can be applied:
- Landing page: Define if a landing page should be applied to the special offer. The landing page contains the description of the event and special offer along with the name of the special offer.
- Override notes: Define ig Heading text online and Note text online set in the event groups should be overriden by the text input here or not.
- Delivery types: Define whether deviating delivery methods are to be applied. E.g. if you want to force delivery by post.
- Payment Types: Define whether deviating payment types are to be applied. Needs to be configured by Tix Support.